Oldies/trying to identify a song

Question
I heard a song today at 11am on a radio station with the call number 88. something, here in NE Illinois. It was sung by an African American male with background singers, and the sound was either 1950's or early 1960's.
I tried to hone in on some lyrics but the line that stuck out the most was this line in the chorus, "I'd like (or love) to be alone with you.." followed by something like, "If you're not in the world.."
The singer had a Fats Domino kinda voice but this is a slow ballad with interesting chord progressions. Not a piano rocker.
Any help?

Answer
The closest I can come to answering your question is an old 1958 Faron Young song called I'd Love To Be Alone With You. But that, of course is country, not doowop as your question implies. And the Faron Young song is fast, not a slow ballad. But never the less, I like it.

Oldies

Jim Ervin