Oldies/Family tradition song about "Dad/Daddy" Can you help me with the lyrics/Audio track

Hello Steve,

Unfortunately, my father is on his death bed at the time I am writing this...   I thank God that before he lost his ability to speak, I asked him what that song was that he use to sing to us when we were little kids in the mid-60's..  I was able to record him singing what he remembered of it.    

Here's what he was able to remember of the words:

Verse 1
Songwriters write about Mothers
songs that are happy & glad
seems they forget about fathers I'll sing this song to my day...

(Chorus - in part)
There's no Pal in the world - Like my Daddy
...Wonderful Daddy of mine

Verse 2
I was thinking today,
If my Daddy went away,
how I miss him,   how I'd long for him,???
(Chorus - in part)
...Wonderful Daddy of mine

Hi Edgil:  Sorry for few day delay as My PC was in repair shop.

I can't find your exact song but this one is close. Not sure if that helps.

My sympathies for what you are going through. Just remember the good times and it may ease your pain.

Steve Ramm

My expertise is in REAL OLDIES from 1890s- 1930. 78s as well as Edison Cylinders. I can also answer some Phonograph questions though I'm not a repair person

35 years of collecting as well as reviewing reissues of this material. I've taught a number of antique classes on early record collecting.

Member of various phonograph societies around the world as well as the Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC)

Discoveries, Antique Phonograph News, In The Groove