Oldies/Helen Englert in Jam Session my mom - age 93

Question
Hi, never been on this forum, but until recently, we could pull up a video of our mom, Helen Englert, singing "I Lost My Sugar in Salt Lake City" with the Jan Garber band, from the movie Jam Session, very easily on YouTube and other places on the Internet. Now we can't find it anywhere. We have a VHS copy of the movie but the quality is very poor. Does anyone know how we can get a video of this song performed live in the movie? We were trying to play it for my mom the other night and couldn't find it. Very disappointing. Thanks so much.

Answer
Hi, Melanie.    Back in September 2013 I identified Helen Englert as the songstress for someone named Jim on this site.  He had been unable to identify her because listings for the movie (e.g. on IMDB) did not credit her vocal, only Jan Garber's band.  Now, if you google "Jam Session 1944 dvd" you should find two ads picturing DVDs of the film, one from Bonanza and one from Zeus DVDs.  I am sure these are DVD-Rs and so I can't predict the quality of the discs nor the reliability of the sellers. I hope this will help.

John

Oldies

John Congemi