Oldies/Couple of additional offers from tonight's show

In regards to the question of names of groups without a member with that name, I have 2 more:
Jethro Tull. (was actually an agriculturist in early 18th century England)
Uriah Heep (character in David Copperfield)
In regards to double sided hits, now this might not qualify since it didn't chart on Billboard, but in 1982, The Jam had a 2 sided single that went #1 on both sides. This was on the English charts. The songs were A Town Called Malice/Precious. On England's TV show Top of the Pops, they did both songs. That was only done once before by the Beatles, and once since.

Hi Fred

Thank you! Remember you can always write to for direct contact.
Yes, some listeners have written in a list of groups with non-member names and Tull made the cut but no one thought of Uriah Heep. Great one! Thank you.

The Jam would count if we make a full list of two sided hits, for sure. We were, actually, looking for the FIRST in the rock era, and I'll stick with Don't Be Cruel/Hound Dog for that one, tfn.

Thank you for listening!!

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about pop music from the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. I can help track down hard to find songs based on lyric fragments or other minimal information. I was an expert in this field but due to a family situation, was away from e-mail for a couple of weeks and forgot to put in a vacation listing with AllExperts.

I have been answering questions for this site for a few years. It would be nice to be reinstated. I have no idea how many questions I have answered but many people have written to me to say how I have touched their lives by helping them locate a song that is important to them or a loved one.

I am a college graduate.