Oldies/Can you tell me the name of this song

I heard this song on the radio in the very late 60's or early 70's.
It was on the radio about the same time as After Midnight,  the only lyrics I can remember are " And i'm going home rolly rolly and I can hear that funky music on down the line"
I'm about as sure as I can be about the "rolly rolly" parts

Hi Swen
Not totally ringing a bell with me based on those lyrics.
I did think of a mid-70s song called Black Water by The Doobie Brothers, which has some great lyric about funky Dixieland music...but that's not around the time of After Midnight, if you're referring to the Eric Clapton single.
If you can think of anything else about the song or the recording, please let me know.
And do go check out Black Water...just in case.
Hoping to help further,

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about pop music from the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. I can help track down hard to find songs based on lyric fragments or other minimal information. I was an expert in this field but due to a family situation, was away from e-mail for a couple of weeks and forgot to put in a vacation listing with AllExperts.

I have been answering questions for this site for a few years. It would be nice to be reinstated. I have no idea how many questions I have answered but many people have written to me to say how I have touched their lives by helping them locate a song that is important to them or a loved one.

I am a college graduate.