Oldies/Desperate for song title and/or artist

Hiya Lou,
I've been looking for an oldie, have the opening music in my head, can sing it, but only the first few words, which are:
My love...for you... is a burning memory (melody?)
That cri-yi-yi-yies oh-oh-ver you.

I believe it was a NY doo-wop group that sang it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Richie H.
Wilkes Barre, PA

Hi Richie
The line "cry-yi-yi over you" is in the song "Singing The Blue" by Guy Mitchell. However, that is not a doo wop song and the other lyric you listed is not in there.
If you can tell me a little more...up or down tempo....etc...that might trigger what you're looking for.

Lou Simon

I can answer questions about pop music from the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and 1980's. I can help track down hard to find songs based on lyric fragments or other minimal information. I was an expert in this field but due to a family situation, was away from e-mail for a couple of weeks and forgot to put in a vacation listing with AllExperts.

I have been answering questions for this site for a few years. It would be nice to be reinstated. I have no idea how many questions I have answered but many people have written to me to say how I have touched their lives by helping them locate a song that is important to them or a loved one.

I am a college graduate.