Oldies/Seeking song title and artists

Question
Hiya John,
I've been looking for an oldie, have the opening music in my head, can sing it, but only the first few words, which are:
My love...for you... is a burning memory (melody?)
That cri-yi-yi-yies oh-oh-ver you.

I believe it was a NY doo-wop group that sang it. I grew up in Brooklyn, also listened to the greatest music ever, on WMGM, WINS, WMCA, etc. Also lived not far from Cousin Brucie on Ocean Pkwy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yours,
Richie H.
Wilkes Barre, PA

Answer
Hi, Richie.  I'm pretty sure you are looking for "My Love For You" by the Marcels, 1961.  It was the flip side of one their big hits, "Heartaches."  

...My love for you is a burning fire, that grows with each heartbeat.  It's filled with a great desire......, etc.  It appears on some of their compilation albums.  There were a few covers, such as Little Isidore & the Inquisitors, and The Boppers.  Marcels got the most airplay due to Heartaches.  I hope that's the one you want.

I grew up in Queens, but lived in Borough Park for a while, and on Long Island.

John

Oldies

John Congemi