Oldsmobile/Buick/1987 Olds 3 liter V-6

This engine has been getting progressively worse: rough idle, hesitation on acceleration, and now stalls and won't restart.

What I did:

No ecm trouble codes
new MAF and IAC; both tested out of specs.  no difference

Is there some issue with these multiport engines that I am missing and how would you go about fixing it.  At this point, if there was some way to put a carburetor on it I would!  Thanks

Hi. With all of the troubleshooting you've done so far I would recommend a cylinder compression test. It is not difficult to test and I believe this is a crucial next step.

Karl, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Let me know if this is an avenue you'd like to explore and please do not forget to rate my response to you.

All the best,

Ed McKenna

Ed McKenna

I`ve been restoring G-Body Oldsmobiles and Pontiac`s(1983-1987) for a number of years now . I have a ton of information related to people trying to restore these soon to be classics .

(OCA) Oldsmobile Club of America