Oldsmobile/Buick/1987 Olds 3 liter V-6

Question
This engine has been getting progressively worse: rough idle, hesitation on acceleration, and now stalls and won't restart.

What I did:

No ecm trouble codes
new MAF and IAC; both tested out of specs.  no difference

Is there some issue with these multiport engines that I am missing and how would you go about fixing it.  At this point, if there was some way to put a carburetor on it I would!  Thanks

Answer
Karl,

Hi. With all of the troubleshooting you've done so far I would recommend a cylinder compression test. It is not difficult to test and I believe this is a crucial next step.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-check-an-engines-cylinder-compressi

Karl, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Let me know if this is an avenue you'd like to explore and please do not forget to rate my response to you.

All the best,

Ed McKenna

Oldsmobile/Buick

Ed McKenna