You are here:

Oldsmobile/Buick/Vinyl top moldings


Hello my is Carlton James.
I have a 86 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. I bought the car brand new.
The vinyl top became worn and old. I had it replaced.
Not having the car for a week, the roof moldings and clips came off; while driving on the Turnpike.
I've been searching everywhere for these parts.
Do you know of a company that sells this part? I'm thinking about just ripping the vinyl off and going with a hard top.
What do you recommend?

Carlton James,

Hi. There are plastic tabs, welded studs and small holes in place to hold the vinyl top to the roof. I've heard that the body work needs to be done correctly (filling/welding) to make it look right.

From what I can tell, the roof drip moldings are available through Summit. Your best bet would be to check the G-Body forums online to see if anyone has your parts available. Some of these roof moldings are interchangeable between certain sub models.

James, let me know if you have any more questions. Don't forget to rate my response to you.

All the best,

Ed McKenna


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ed McKenna


I`ve been restoring G-Body Oldsmobiles and Pontiac`s(1983-1987) for a number of years now . I have a ton of information related to people trying to restore these soon to be classics .


(OCA) Oldsmobile Club of America

©2017 All rights reserved.