Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/2000 OLDS silhouette rear lighting

Question
I have a 2000 oldsmobile silhouette. For the past 3 years there have been issues with the tail lights functioning properly.
Sometimes it is the backup lights that wont come on, or the brake lights wont come on, also the turn signals will not work.  I have replaced the bulbs and the whole circuit board for the back lights. When I changed the circuit boards, i noticed that the plug that goes into it was grounding out. I do not see any water getting through and all the wiring looks clean (no corrosion, or water getting in). If you open it up and switch the bulbs around (which none of them are needing replaced) it will work temporarily then start acting up again. I am not sure what else to do at this point.

Answer
GOOD MORN ANGELA,THIS TO ME SOUNDS LIKE THE PRINTED CIRCUIT CONNECTIONS FOR THE LOIGHT BULBS ARE NOT MAKING GOOD CONNECTION WITH THE BULBS..TRY TURNING THE LIGHTS OFF AND REMOVE THE BULB FROM THE CIRCUIT BOARD AND USE A SMALL FLAT BLADE SCREW DRIVE TO PUSH THE CONNECTION OF THE BULB IN TOWARDS THE CENTER OF THE SCOKET SO THE BULB WILL BE HARDER TO PUSH INTO IT..SEE IF THIS TAKES CARE OF IT..MOST IMPORTANT MAKE SURE THE BULB #'S ARE CORRECT FOR EACH SOCKET..THIS IS A COMMON MISTAKE AND PROBLEM..YOU SAY YOU NOTICED THE PLUG THAT WENT INTO THE CIRCUIT WAS GROUNDING OUT ???HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS ??? IF THIS DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF YOUR PROBLEM LOOK FOR THE MAIN WIRING HARNESS THAT PLUGS INTO THE REAR LIGHT HARNESS SOMEWHERE IN THE REAR OF THE CAR [LEFT SIDE]PULL THE CONNECTION APART AND MAKE SURE THIS PLUG IS CLEAN NO GREEN CORROSION ALLOWED. LET ME KNOW HO THIS GOES FOR YOU,,GOOD LUCK,,TOM.

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS