Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/95 buick lesaber

Question
I have a 95 buick lesaber with engine trouble have replaced whole top of motor when u crank it it smokes really bad thick white smoke & it dosent stop it also idels too fast & we cant seem to get it to idel down. as a last result i want to know if a 95 olds 88 motor will easily fit into a 95 lesaber?
Thx
melanie

Answer
HI MELANIE, FIRST QUESTION ABOUT THE THICK WHITE SMOKE. THIS IS MORE THEN LIKELY CAUSED BY A INTERNAL COOLANT LEAK GETTING INTO THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER..SUCH AS HEADGASKET PROBLEMS OR CRACKED HEAD OR WORSE YET CRACKED ENG BLOCK..AS FAR AS THE HIGH ENGINE IDLE THIS IS MORE THEN LIKELY CAUSED BY A VACUUM LEAK,YOU SAID YOU JUST REPLACED THE UPPER HALF OF THE ENGINE, I WOULD RECHECK YOUR WORK,CK ALL THE VACUUM LINES,SPRAY SOME CARBURETOR CLEANER AROUND THE INTAKE MANIFOLD AREA TO SEE IF THIS BRINGS DOWN THE IDLE WHILE SPRAYING IN A CERTAIN AREA OF THE INTAKE. IF THE IDLE COMES DOWN SPRAYING IN A CERTAIN SPOT THE INTAKLE MANIFOLD GASKET IS LEAKING...LAST QUESTION, I WOULD THINK THE 95 OLDS ENGINE ARE INTERCHANABLE SAME YEARS AND AS LONG AS THE ENG LITER SIZE IS THE SAME I WOULD SAY YES THEY WILL WORK OK..IF ENG LITER SIZE IS DIFFERENT ALL BETS ARE OFF...PCM'S AND SENSORS ARE NOT INTERCHANABLE..GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU,,,,TOM

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS