Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/power windows, locks, side view mirrors not working

Question
Recently a "theft system fault" message appeared on my 2002 4 liter Olds. Aurora.  A week or two later the power windows, locks, side view mirrors and gas tank door stopped working.  What could cause this?  Thanks, Tom Stevens

Answer
HI TOM, BODY CONTROL MODULE !!! TAKE YOUR CAR TO A SHOP THAT HAS A SCAN TOOL WITH GM SOFTWARE AND HAVE THEM RUN SOME LIVE DATA ON THE INTERIOR COMPUTER [BCM] OF YOUR CAR,THIS WILL SHOW UP RIGHT AWAY IF NOTHING IS RESPONDING..AS FAR AS YOUR ALARM SYSTEM, THIS MAY HAVE A BAD IGITION LOCK CYLINDER STARTING TO ACT UP [THIS IS WHAT READS THE IGN KEY,,OR IT COULD ALSO BE PART OF THE BCM PROBLEM AS I SAID ABOVE....IF THE ALARM LIGHT IS ON NOW THE CAR MAY OR NOT START UP. USUALLY IT WILL NOT.TO CK IF THIS IS THE IGN LOCK PROBLEM,LEAVE THE KEY ON FOR 15 TO 20 MIN AND SEE IF THE ALARM LIGHT STOPP FLASHING, IF SO IT CLEARED ITSELF AND IS READY TO START..BUT THIS WILL ONLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR A FEW MORE START UPS IF IT IS THE LOCK CYLINDER...YOU CAN DO THIS UP TO 20 TIMES OR SO  AND THEN AFTER THAT THE ALARM MODULE WILL MORE THEN LIKELY GO BAD..HOPE THIS HEPLS YOU AND GOOD LUCK,,,,TOM

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS