Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/rear window defroster not working

Question
\I have a olds cutlas ciera 1993 and the rear window defroster stopped working but when i click on the switch for it the light comes on, but that's about it. Can you tell me whats wrong.

Answer
HI LAURIE,,,,GO RED SOXS !!!! AND I AM FROM NY, GO FIGURE.. YOU DO WANT BOSTON CORRECT ???  OK NOW TO YOUR QUESTION, I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT THE REAR WINDOW GRID MAKE SURE ALL THE LINES ON THE WINDOW ARE OK AND NOT SPLIT AND LOOSING CONNECTION...ALSO MAKE SURE THE WIRES ON EACH END OF THE GLASS ARE SECURE TO THE WINDOW BY THE SOLDER CONNECTION..IF THERE ARE ANY BREAKS, IT CAN BE REPAIRED WITH A SPECIAL GLUE THAT YOU CAN GET FROM THE PART STORES IN TOWN. ANY BREAKS WILL OPEN THE CIRCUIT..IF ALL OF THE ABOVE LOOKS IN GOOD SHAPE MORE THEN LIKELY THE RELAY THAT SENDS POWER TO THE WINDOW GRIND IS BAD...THIS RELAY OR CONTROLLER IS PART OF THE SWITCH ASSEMBLY ON THIS CAR.. .WE KNOW THE POWER SWITCH IS GOOD BECAUSE THE LIGHT LIGHTS UP. BUT WE DO NOT KNOW IF ANY POWER IS COMING OUT OF THIS TO POWER THE WINDOW GRID ITSELF, OR IF THERE IS POWER, IS IS THERE A BREAK [OPEN] IN THE WIRING HARNESS TO THE GRIND ???  WOULD NEED TO CK WITH A VOLT METER OR 12 VOLT TEST LIGHT....LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND AND WE WILL GO FROM THERE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM....

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS