Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/1988 Buick century custom

Question
New battery, wires ,getting gas still won't start, is it maybe the ignition module or some other relay, or is the ignition module a common problem for that year of car

Answer
GOOD MORN MATT, YES TO YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE ING MODULE. HAVE YOU CHECKED FOR SPARK ??? REMOVE A PLUG WIRE, PUT A SCREW DRIVER IN THE END OF THE WIRE AND LAY IT 1/4" AWAY FROM ANY METAL PART OF THE ENG,HAVE SOMEBODY CRANK THE ENG OVER AND YOU CK FOR A SPARK JUMP. NO SPARK, THE IGN SYSTEM HAS FAILED..IF THERE IS SPARK,THE FUEL INJS MAY NOT BE OPENING..TO CK THESE,PULL ANY PLUG OF ANY INJ AND GET YOURSELF A 194 LIGHT BULB SOLD AT ANY PART STORE.BEND THE TABS STRAIGHT OUT AND PUT THE WIRES OF THE BULB INTO THE PLUG HARNESS THAT YOU REMOVED FROM ONE OF THE INJS...NOW HAVE SOMEBODY CRANK THE ENG OVER AND YOU SHOULD SEE THE LIGHT BULB FLASH,ON OFF ON OFF CALLED PULSE..IF THIS HAS PULSE AND YOU HAVE SPARK THEN YOU MAY HAVE  INTERNAL PROBLEMS..SO LETS SAY YOU DO NOT HAVE SPARK TO THE SPARK PLUGS, THEN THIS MAYBE FROM A BAD MODULE AND OR CRANK SENSOR LOCATED INSIDE THE HARMONIC BALANCER. THIS CAN BE CHECKED WITH A SCAN TOOL FOR CRANK SIGNAL....SO LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES AND GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS