Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/2005 Chevy Cavalier

Question
Tom,

Mike again---

The lady with the 2005 Cavalier said that she was pulling out of a parking lot and "goosed" the car in order to get into the traffic.

After she settled in, the "check engine light" went out.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Is this normal?

Answer
HI MIKE, WELL AS I SAID I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON UNTIL YOU GIVE ME A CODE AND THEN I WILL KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH IT..THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE ANYTHING TO BE CONCERNED OF..IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TAKE THIS TO A PART STORE OR REPAIR SHOP TO HAVE IT SCANNED REMOVE A BATTERY CABLE FOR 20 MINUTES TO TURN OFF THE CK ENG LIGHT. IF IT STAYS OFF OR IS OFF NOW THERE IS  NO PROBLEM..IF IT COMES BACK ON AGAIN YOU WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT...THIS CODE COULD OF SET FOR A ENGINE MISFIRE, BEING THAT SHE NAILED THE THROTTLE IF THE ENGINE SKIPPED FROM BAD SPARK PLUGS OR IGNITION WIRE THIS WOULD CAUSE A CODE TO SET...BUT THIS IS ALL JUST A HYPOTHESIS...SEE WHAT I MEAN..THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING TILL I GET A CODE FROM THE COMPUTER [PCM] YES THIS COULD BE JUST A FLUKE THING..THIS DOES HAPPEN OFTEN. THE COMPUTERS ARE REALLY SMART... IF THE LIGHT STAYS OUT I WOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT IT ALL ..HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND HER...TOM

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS