Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/fuel pressure

Question
1988 C-10, 5.7L automatic. How long should fuel pressure stay at the injector when the key is turned off?

Answer
HI PHIL,,AFTER YOU SHUT THE ENG OFF THERE SHOULD BE PRESSURE TO THE INJS OR FUEL RAIL CK PORT FOR A LONG TIME [HOURS]...THIS KEEPS PRESSURE THERE TO GIVE YOU A FAST START UP AFTER SITTING FOR SAY OVERNIGHT. IF THERE IS A LONG CRANK AFTER SITTING MORE THEN LIKELY THE FUEL PRESSURE IS BLEEDING OFF.. IF THE PRESSURE DROPS OFF FAST THERE ARE 2 REASONS FOR THIS. THE FUEL PUMP REGULATOR IS BAD OR THERE IS A LEAK IN THE LINE SOME-PLACE. BUT YOU WOULD MORE THEN LIKELY SMELL THIS. HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.HAVE A GOOD DAY AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM..

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS