Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/starting

Question
I put a new starter on my 99 regal and it still won't start just clicks once when you turn the key battery is fully charged

Answer
HI JOHN, A CLICKING SOUND FROM THE STARTER 99 % OF TIMES IS FROM WEAK BATTERY OR POOR CONNECTIONS. GET YOURSELF A VOLT METER AND CK TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 12 VOLTS OR SLIGHTLY LESS LIKE 11.8 DOWN AT THE STARTER BIG CABLE WHILE SOMEONE TRYS TO CRANK THE ENGINE OVER. IF YOU DO THE STARTER IS BAD.[IN YOUR CASE DEFECTIVE]..BUT MORE THEN LIKELY THE CONNECTIONS ARE BAD AT THE BATTERY..REMOVE THE CABLES CLEAN THEM REAL GOOD AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 12 VOLTS OR 11.8 VOLTS AT THE BATTERY WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO START THE CAR..DO NOT CK THIS WHILE YOU ARE NOT CRANKING IT...CK WHILE YOU ARE CRANKING THE ENGINE OVER..IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VOLT METER..MAKE SURE THE CABLES ARE CLEANED AND JUMP IT WITH ANOTHER CAR AND MAKE SURE THE CONNECTIONS ON BOTH CARS ARE GOOD SEE IF IT STARTS LIKE THIS..IF SO THE BATTERY IS WEAK OR CONNECTIONS ARE BAD.....LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS,,GOOD LUCK TOM...

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS