Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/19998 oldsmobile intrique

Question
I HAVE A 1998 OLDSMOBILE INTRIQUE 3.8 LITER MOTOR I HAD A LEAK IT WAS THE BYPASS HOSE I HAD IT REPLACE AND MY LOW COOLANT LIGHT IS STILL ON WE HAVE CHECK EVERYTHING UNDER THE HOOD SO FAR COULD MY SENSOR COULD HAVE WENT BAD

Answer
HI LINDA,THIS CAR MAY HAVE 2 SENSORS IN IT. ONE IS IN THE COOLANT RECOVERY TANK AND THE OTHER MAYBE IN THE PASS SIDE OF THE RADIATOR 1/4 WAY DOWN FROM THE RADIATOR..TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION YES THESE SENSORS DO GO BAD..BUT BEFORE WE ASSUME THIS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CHECKED THE COOLANT LEVEL IN THE RADIATOR ITSELF..MAKE SURE THE ENG IS NOT REAL HOT AND REMOVE THE RAD CAP AND CK. THE LEVEL SHOULD BE TO THE TOP OF THE RAD NECK. IF IT IS FULL AND THE COOLANT RESERVOIR IS ALSO FULL,, THEN YOU CAN ASSUME ONE OR THE OTHER SENSOR WENT BAD...HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO GET BACK TO ME...GOOD LUCK TOM..

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS