Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/2002 olds alero

Question
About 8 months ago I got my transmission flushed and new put in and brand new tires for the winter.  About 2 months ago it was having trouble accelerating. it wouldn't go past 25 at take off. It also smells like I have a possible exhaust leak.. I can smell exhaust fumes when the heat is running.. there is a loud and horrible sound coming from under the hood it  also squeals..it has been sitting in the garage since. HELP!

Answer
HI KATIE,WELL HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY OIL LEAKS UNDER THE CAR ? IF SO THIS COULD EXPLAIN YOUR SMELL AND THE LOSS OF POWER,, BEAUSE IF THE TRANSMISSION OIL IS LEAKING ON A HOT EXHAUST PIPE THIS WOULD CAUSE THE SMELL AND LACK OF POWER DUE TO THE TRANSMISSION SLIPPING. IF THE CAR IS NOT LOUD THEN MORE THEN LIKELY THE EXHUAST SYSTEM IS NOT THE PROBLEM. YOU MAY THING THE SMELL IS EXHUAST BUT IN FACT IT IS BURNING OIL [OR SMOKING OIL] I AM NOT SURE BUT I DO NOT THINK THIS HAS A TRANSMISSION DIP STICK TO CK FOR THE LEVEL OF OIL..IF NOT GET THIS TO A SHOP ASAP AND HAVE THEM LOOK AT THIS OIL LEVEL ON THERE LIFT..THEY WILL KNOW HOW TO CK THIS FROM THE SIDE OF THE TRANSMISSION...DO NOT DRIVE IT LOW ON TRANS OIL..THIS IS NOT GOOD. IAM SORRY TO SAY I CAN NOT SHED ANY LIGHT ON THE HORRIBLE SOUND UNDER YOUR HOOD BECAUSE THIS IS SOMETHING I WOULD NEED TO HEAR...SO ONCE THIS IT AT YOUR SHOP I WOULD HAVE THEM CK THIS NOISE AS WELL...IF YOU NEED MORE INFO GET BACK TO ME,, AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,,TOM

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS