Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/Climate control system

Question
The outside temperature display reads 49 degrees regardless of actual temperature. I suspect ambient temperature sensor or wiring. I don't know where this sensor is located or how to diagnose if I did find it. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Car is 1996 Buick Roadmaster Collectors aj2dddition 35000 miles. Showroom condition.

Thank you,
Boyd

Answer
HI BOYD, WELL THIS CAR HAS A SELF DIAGNOSES CONTROL .IT HAS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I HAVE PLAYED WITH ONE OF THESE HOWEVER. I THINK YOU PUSH THE POWER SWITCH FOR THE FAN UP AND TURN THE SYSTEM ON   AT THE SAME TIME AND THIS WILL GET IT IN THE DIAGNOSTIC MODE THEN YOU TOGGLE THE FAN UP OR DOWN FOR ANY CODES IN SYSTEM...THIS WILL DISPLAY IT ON THE FACE OF THE CONTROL UNIT...YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW THE NUMBERS OF THE CODE OR CODES AND THEN LOOK THIS UP ON LINE WHAT THE NUMBER FOR THAT CODE MEANS. THERE MAY NOT BE ANY CODES HOWEVER BUT CK IT ANYWAY JUST TO SEE..AS FAR AS THE AMBIENT TEMP SENSOR LOCATION IT IS BY THE HOOD LATCH ASSEMBLY ON THE BOTTOM SIDE OF IT. CK FOR ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE WIRING AND HARNESS. AS A RULE THEY DID NOT FAIL THAT OFTEN..BUT THIS IS GETTING OLDER SO IT IS POSSIBLE..I DO KNOW THAT I DID REPLACE MANY OF THE CONTROL HEADS IN THE PAST ON THESE CARS..[THIS IS THE DISPLAY PART OF IT.]
LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO GET BACK TO ME. I AM AT HOME NOW SO I CAN NOT LOOK ANYTHING UP AT MY WORK COMPUTER..THIS SHOULD GET YOU STARTED HOWEVER. GOOD LUCK TOM...

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS