Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/01 Alero

Question
Tom.

I seem to be having an issue with my 2001 Alero 2.4
It takes a really long time to shift from first to second. I have replaced both the IAC and TSS sensors but still have the same problem. Hope you can help.

Answer
GOOD MORNING EDWARD,WELL, THE IAC AND TSS WOULD HAVE NO EFFECT ON YOUR PROBLEM..THIS SOUNDS TO ME LIKE A SHIFT VALVE IN THE TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY IS BAD OR STICKING.HAVE YOU TRIED TO PULL ANY CODES FROM THE PCM. IF NOT I WOULD DO SO OR TAKE IT TO A SHOP THAT CAN READ CODES...IF THERE IS A CODE IN THE SYSTEM FOLLOW THAT...IF NO CODES ARE FOUND I WOULD TAKE THIS TO A TRANSMISSION SHOP AND HAVE THEM DO A DIAGNOSTIC TEST ON IT..IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE SOUNDS OF THAT YOU COULD GO TO YOUR GM DEALER AND GET A NEW 1 TO 2 AND 2 TO 3 SHIFT SOLENOIDS AND PUT THEM IN THE TRANSMISSION AND HOPE THIS TAKES CARE OF YOUR PROBLEM..YOU WILL NEED TO DROP YOUR TRANSMISSION PAN FOR THIS. LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES OR IF YOU NEED MORE INFO,,GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS