Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/1998 buick century custom

Question
QUESTION: Open Question

This one has me wondering. The left blinkers all work fine, in dash and outside.. Problems, Right turn signal on dash does not light up at all, front right blinker does not work. back right blinker works but its blinking fast. Hazards also don't work on the front right blinker but all others work fine. also when the hazards are on the dash light still only works on the left and the flasher sounds normal. I can hear the flasher going normal on left signal, fast on right. This is what I've done, replaced flasher, replaced all bulbs with correct new ones. replaced entire front right light assembly and cleaned ground (I think it was the right ground was located near top of radiator) What else could this be-Please help.

ANSWER: hi john,what you will need to do is get a test light and test for 12 volts on the power side of the socket.if there is 12 volts on the power side  of the socket then we know the wiring is ok..but i think you have bad wiring there is no power to the light socket with power..if my hunch is correct you have no power to the socket assembly..start tracing the wiring harness..i think you will find the problem....
just wanted to let you know that the right turn signal will flash fast because the bulb is out which makes the flasher work very fast...this is normal...was this side of the car ever in a accident ??? alot of times if the car was hit on the wires were not ever repaired correctly causing a problem later on down the road..also ck where the right turn signal harness where it gets plugged to the main harness assembly. make sure the wires inside are good and clean..again ck for power with your test light or volt meter.. if you need more help get back to me good luck TOM..

QUESTION: I tested the power to both front blinkers. The functioning left side is getting twice as much juice as it pulses to the hot wire. the extremely slow blinking left side. I realized today that the right front is blinking but only about ten blinks per minute.

Answer
HI JOHN,ONE OF TWO THINGS ARE HAPPENING. THE POWER SIDE OF THIS WIRE IS OPEN AND TOUCHING ANOTHER WIRE,LOOSING CURRENT, [BUT NOT GROUNDING OUT OR IT WILL BLOW THE FUSE]..THE NEXT THING IS A FAULTY GROUND..WHAT I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DO IS GET ON THE GROUND SIDE OF THIS SOCKET AND USE A SEPERATE WIRE TO GROUND THIS SOCKET TO GOOD GROUND [CLEAN METAL SURAFACE].IF THE LIGHT WORKS CORRECTLY THERE IS A BREAK IN THE GROUND WIRE..YOU COULD ALSO HOOK THE TEST LIGHT UP TO BATTERY VOLTAGE AND THEN CK THE GROUND WIRE AT THE LIGHT SOCKET AND SEE IF THE TEST LIGHT LIGHTS UP. IF NOT, THERE IS NO GROUND HERE...JUST RUN A NEW WIRE TO A GOOD GROUND SURFACE..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS FOR YOU..TOM...

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS