Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/94' Park Avenue

Question
Hello Tom,

Rennie here again. I just wanted to get back with you and let you know that the intake manifold and valve cover gasket replacements I asked you about a little while ago went as smooth as silk. Thanks again for your expertise.

I do have a very strange electrical issue that has started happening with the vehicle I would appreciate your opinion on. When I leave for work in the mornings everything electrical works as normal. When I start the vehicle in the afternoons to come home I do not have any radio or a/c dash control module digital displays. The a/c system still functions as normal without the display being on but the radio does not work at all. The strangest thing occurs when I get home and park the vehicle. As soon as I put the gear shifter in Park both digital displays immediately come back on and the radio works again. The same scenario happens every day. I know you may not be able to give me a definitive answer but maybe you could point me in the right direction. P.S. I have the fully automatic a/c system if that helps you any. Thanks again for your help!

Answer
HI RENNIE,THIS IS SIMPLE,THE CAR IS POSSESSED.SEE HOW EASY THAT WAS !!!!! ALL KIDDING ASIDE THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LOOSE WIRING HARNESS OR WIRE GOING UP THROUGH THE COLUMN. I WOULD SUGGEST YOU DROP THE LOWER COVER UNDER THE STEERING COLUMN AND START THE CAR,NOW PULL OR TUG  NOT REAL HARD ON THE WIRING HARNESS AND SEE IF YOU CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN. IF YOU CAN LOOK FOR A LOOSE OR DAMAGED WIRE OR CONNECTOR..IF THIS DOES NOT WORK  REMOVE THE RADIO AND CK THE PLUG BEHIND IT AND I THINK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE BACK SIDE OF THE HEATER CONTROL AS WELL. IF SO YOU WANT TO CK ALL THESE WIRES AS WELL...THIS COULD TAKE YOU SOME TO TIME TO FIND THIS,BUT YOU MAY GET LUCKY REAL QUICK..IF THIS CAR WERE NEWER I WOULD SAY IT HAS A BAD BCM [BODY CONTROL MODULE].BUT WE CAN RULE THAT OUT..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM....

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS