Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/Dash lights

Question
I have a 99 Park Ave. Many of the lighted control buttons (for vent, heat, a/c, etc.) no longer light up. Is there a bulb inside? How do I get the buttons out to repair or replace?

Answer
GOOD MORNING DAVE,,,YOU SAY THIS IS JUST THE HEATER CONTROL ALL THE OTHER BULBS ARE OK,, CORRECT ??? IF SO, THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE HEATER CONTROL HEAD IS BAD...THERE IS NO WAY TO REPLACE THE BULBS IN THE CONTROL ITSELF.[IT IS A PRINTED DIODE CIRCUIT] TIME FOR A USED ONE AT THE BONE YARD. THIS WILL BE A LOT LESS THEN GETTING A NEW HEAD FROM THE DEALER...TO REMOVE THIS YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE SECTION OF DASH FACE AROUND THE CONTROL HEAD...SOME SCREWS AND CLIPS.ONCE THE SCREWS ARE OUT JUST TRY TO PRY OUT THE REST OF THE COVER,,[GENTLY]SHOULD POP OFF ONCE REMOVED JUST REMOVE THE SCREWS THAT HOLD THE CONTROL HEAD TO THE DASH CLUSTER...HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GOOD LUCK,,TOM  

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS