Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/2004 Olds Alero ignition key wont turn

Question
Daughter's ignition key wont turn to start in 04 Olds Alero tried all copies of key, jiggling, turning and all the harsh language I can think of. this has never happened before and no idea what to do

Answer
HI JD, WELL WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO IS GO TO YOUR GM STORE AND BUY YOURSELF A NEW IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER. THIS CAR ALSO HAS A ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM IN IT AS WELL. SO AFTER YOU PUT THE NEW IGN LOCK CYLINDER IN THE CAR YOU WILL NEED TO PROGRAM THE NEW LOCK CYLINDER SO IT WILL START FOR YOU..[[YOUR GM STORE WILL ALSO MAKE THE LOCK CYLINDER FOR YOUR KEYS SO YOU WILL NOT NEED NEW KEYS UNLESS YOU WANT NEW KEYS]].. THIS IS CALLED RELEARN PROCEDURE..TO DO THIS, TURN THE KEY TO RUN POSITION AND LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FOR 20 MINUTES OR INTILL THE ANTI-THEFT LIGHT ON THE DASH STOPS BLINKING OR GOES OUT. THEN TURN THE KEY OFF AND START THE CAR. ALSO IF YOU NEED INFO ON HOW TO REPLACE THIS LOCK CYLINDER JUST GOOGLE IT UP OR IF YOU HAVE A SHOP MANUAL IT IS IN THERE....IT IS NOT HARD TO DO...IF YOU NEED MORE INFO LET ME KNOW,, GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOM....

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS