Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/air-conditioning in 08 Buick enclave

Question
Hello,
I recently purchased an 08 enclave. At the first the air-conditioning was always cold. Last week though, about an hour into our beach trip, it continued to blow but it was not cooling the car at all. It has an auto setting and we had it set for 65 then moved it to 60 which is it coldest setting. The Ford mechanics (took it there because we have a Ford warranty) say it works fine even after 45 minutes.
Another time the CD player/radio didn't work either until we stopped and restarted the car. These controls are all located in the center console. One mechanic  where my husband works thought it could be the sensors. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Answer
GOOD DAY MAGGIE, THIS IS HARD TO SAY WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE CAR. BUT I THINK TO ME IT SOUNDS LIKE WHEN THE A/C SYSTEM IS ON FOR A LONG TIME IT IS FREEZING UP..THE EVAPORATOR CORE WILL ACTUALLY FREEZE UP AND THE SENSING SWITCH CAN NOT ADJUST FOR THIS. THIS COULD BE FROM A DEFECTIVE ORRFICE TUBE BEFORE THE EVAPORATOR THERE IS ALSO A SENSOR AT THE ACCUMULATOR THAT SENSES TEMPERTURE. THIS MAYBE FAULTY AS WELL...YOU MAY WANT TO HAVE THIS REPLACED.[NOT EXPENSIVE].THERE IS NO REALLY NO WAY TO CK THIS...AS FAR AS YOUR CD PLAYER AND RADIO GOES THIS COULD BE FROM A BAD BCM..BODY CONTROL MODULE..THIS IS JUST A GUESS HOWEVER..I WOULD BRING THIS TO A GM SHOP OR A SHOP THAT HAS GM SOFTWARE AND HAVE THEM RUN SOME TEST ON THIS..THIS WAY THEY MAYBE ABLE TO DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND IF YOU NEED MORE INFO LET ME KNOW. GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM...

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS