Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/How to drain gas tank on 1990 olds cutlass calais

Question
I cannot find any information on how to simply drain the gas tank on my 1990 olds cutlass Calais 2.5L. Everywhere I look is all about the fuel pump or the filter. I would just like to know how to drain the gas tank if you please. I really would appreciate that. Thank you for your time.

Answer
GOOD DAY STEVE,WELL THIS IS ONE THING GM NEVER MADE EASY..THERE ARE A FEW WAYS OF DOING THIS.
ONE REMOVE THE FUEL LINE BEFORE THE FUEL FILTER UNDER THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR CAR,JACK-UP THE BACK OF CAR AND LET IT RUN OUT THE LINE, THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME...[REMOVE THE GAS TANK.NOT FUN.]THE FASTEST WAY FOR ME IS TO REMOVE THE FUEL PUMP RELAY UNDER HOOD,JUMP THE POWER WIRE TO THE FUEL PUMP AND REMOVE THE SHRADER VALVE [LOOKS LIKE A TIRE VALVE STEM] IN THE CK PORT ON THE FUEL RAIL ON TOP OF ENGINE,CONNECT A LARGE ENOUGH HOSE TO GO OVER THE ENTIRE CK PORT ON THE FUEL RAIL,PUT THE LINE IN A OLD GAS TANK,, ONCE THIS IS DONE TURN THE KEY ON AND LET THE FUEL PUMP THE FUEL OUT,TAKES ABOUT 5 MINUTES IF FULL...IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO JUMP THE RELAY,JUST REMOVE THE SHRADER VALVE AS I SAID ABOVE HOOK A HOSE OVER THE TEST PORT AND START THE CAR UP AND LET IT RUN TILL THE FUEL IS EMPTY.IT SHOULD IDLE LIKE THIS TILL ALL OF THE FUEL IS OUT. THIS WILL NOT REMOVE ANY DIRT IN THE TANK BECAUSE DIRT WILL ALWAYS LAY ON THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK..WILL NEED TO BE FLUSHED AFTER REMOVING THE TANK..THIS WILL WORK WITH JUST BAD GAS OR WATER...HOPE THIS HELPS YOU, AND GOOD LUCK,,,TOM...

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS