Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/install window motor for 1987 cutless

Question
how do you install a window motor for my 1987 cutless. have the motor, but no instructions or diagram as to how to take out or replace.

Answer
HI RICK,,OPEN THE DOOR REMOVE THE INNER DOOR PANEL,LOOK OUT FOR ANY HIDDEN SCREWS, ONCE ALL THE SCREWS ARE REMOVED AND DOOR HANDLE PULL THE PANEL AWAY FROM THE DOOR ITSELF AND UP TO RELEASE.. IT WILL BE HELD IN WITH PLASTIC CLIPS..ONCE OFF,LOOK INSIDE FOR THE BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW THAT WILL BE HELD TO THE REGULATOR WITH 2 CLAMPS OR SCREW MOUNTS,[[[YOU MAY NEED TO MOVE THE WINDOW EITHER UP OR DOWN TO GET AT THE WINDOW HOLD DOWNS TO REMOVE THEM ]] ONCE REMOVED, PULL THE WINDOW UP AND OUT OF THE DOOR. IF THIS REGULATOR IS ORIGINAL THERE WILL BE RIVETS HOLDING THE REGULATOR TO THE INNER DOOR PANEL. DRILL THE RIVETS OUT AND REMOVE THE REGULATOR WITH THE MOTOR. YOU CAN EITHER RIVET IT BACK OR USE 1/4" BOLTS WHAT EVER IS EASY FOR YOU. IF YOU USE BOLTS MAKE SURE THE ARE SMALL ENOUGH SO THEY WILL NOT INTERFERE WITH THE NEW REGULATOR..ONCE OUT OF THE DOOR REMOVE THE MOTOR AND PUT IT ON THE NEW REGULATOR,,UNLESS YOUR NEW REGULATOR CAME WITH A MOTOR ALL READY ON IT. SOME DO, SOME DO NOT..NOW REVERSE HOW YOU REMOVED IT. WHEN YOU PUT THE GLASS BACK IN DO NOT TIGHTEN THE HOLD DOWN BOLTS TO THE REGULATOR JUST YET. HOOK THE WINDOW SWITCH UP TO THE MOTOR AND RAISE THE REGULATOR AND WINDOW TO THE TOP MAKING SURE THE GLASS IS IT ITS TRACK [NICE AND EVEN AND SLOW] ONCE WINDOW IS FULLY SEATED TO THE TOP OF ITS TRAVEL, NOW LOCK THE 2 WINDOW TO REGULATOR BOLTS TO THE GLASS.DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN GLASS MAY BREAK. JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING ELSE. SOME OF THE OLDER GM CARS WHERE THE WINDOW IS HELD INTO THE REGULATOR THEY USED EPOXY GLUE..THIS IS NOT FUN. YOU WILL NEED TO BREAK THE OLD REGULATOR AWAY FROM THE WINDOW,THEN LIFT THE WINDOW OUT OF THE DOOR AS I SAID ABOVE ONCE THE WINDOW IS OUT YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE THIS GLUE FROM THE WINDOW AND GET YOUR SELF SOME EPOXY WINDOW GLUE TO HOLD IT IN PLACE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE NEW EXPOXY GLUE FOR DRYING TIMES.......ANY MORE HELP,,YOU LET ME KNOW..GOOD LUCK,, TOM

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS