Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/96 Buick Roadmaster

Question
My car would start misfiring when I was on the freeway in the top gear at low rpms. This happens more frequently when it heats up. My car hesitates when accelerating from a stop light. Worse when its hot. Well today I was on the freeway and I had my air on my radio and the check engine light came on. When I exited the freeway my car started hard shifting. I think it might be the distributor but I am just guessing. Do you have any knowledge on any problems buicks have that have the same symptoms.

Answer
GHI JARRET, THIS SOUNDS LIKE A IGNTION PROBLEM. THIS CAR USES A DURA SPARK SYSTEM..THEY ARE VERY PRONE TO PBOBLEMS..IT IS LOCATED UNDER THE WATERPUMP IN THE FRONT OF YOUR ENGINE..BUT BEFORE YOU REPLACE ANYTHING,TAKE THIS CAR TO A SHOP AND HAVE THE PCM [COMPUTER]SCANNED FOR ANY CODES. IF THE CK ENG LIGHT CAME ON THERE IS A CODE IN THERE..ANY CODE TO DO WITH THE IGNITION SYSTEM MORE THEN LIKELY THE DIST IS AT FAULT..THIS IS THE SAME ENG THAT THE COREVETTE USED BACK THEN.THIS IS NOT JUST THE DIST-CAP,YOU WILL NEED TO REPALCE THE ENTIRE DURA SPARK SYSTEM...I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GET IT AFTERMARKET RATHER THEN GM. GM IS HUGE $$$$$ I JUST DID A CORVETTE 2 WEEKS BACK WITH A GM DIST WITH LABOR AND PART IT WAS $1400.00 THE DIST WAS $950.00.I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,TOM

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS