Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/interior lights

Question
the auto interior lights (the ones that go on with the touching of the exterior door handle) no longer go off by timer. Where is the timer and part number? 1989 Olds Delta 88 brougham 4 door.

Thanks,
George

Answer
GOOD MORN GEORGE,THE UNIT THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS CALLED A [ILLUMINATED ENTRY TIMER] IT IS LOCATED BEHIND THE RIGHT SIDE OF DASH [PASS SIDE]TO THE LEFT OF THE FUSE/RELAY BOX..BEFORE YOU REPLACE THIS MAKE SURE YOU CK ALL OF THE FUSES THAT CONTROL THIS...THESE FUSES WILL BE RIGHT NEXT TO THIS TIMER AS ABOVE...I CAN NOT GET YOU A PART# FROM GM FOR THIS BECAUSE MY SHOP GUIDE DID NOT HAVE IT..BUT YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THIS FROM YOUR GM PART STORE ANYWAY. JUST ASK FOR IT BY NAME AS ABOVE AND THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU WHAT THE PART# IS..DONT BE SURPRISED IF THIS PART IS DISCONTINUED BECAUSE OF THE AGE..YOU MAY END UP GOING TO A BONE YARD FOR THIS..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK,,TOM.

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS