Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/1991 Buick

Question
I have a 1991 Buick Century . It runs fine untill you put more that half throttle down then it back fires and sputters real bad. It goes right down the road as long as you don't push more than half way on the gas

Answer
HI RODIE, WELL WITH OUT BEING THERE TO FEEL THIS..IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS STARVING FROM EITHER FUEL OR AIR..HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR AIR FILTER AND DUCT WORK LEADING TO THE AIR FILTER. MAKE SURE BOTH ARE CLEAN AND FREE OFF ANY MICE NEST,LEAVES OR WHAT EVER. THE MORE COMMON PROBLEM IS A PARTIALLY PLUGGED FUEL FILTER..HAVE YOU REPLACED THIS RECENTLY ???? ALSO, IF ALL OF THE ABOVE IS GOOD. I WOULD GET THIS TO A SHOP AND HAVE THEM CK THE FUEL PRESSURE WITH A GOOD GAUGE AND SEE WHAT KIND OF PRESSURE THE PUMP IS SUPPYLING TO THE FUEL RAIL..USUALLY GM PUMPS JUST STOP WHEN THEY GET BAD. BUT I HAVE SEEN A FEW THAT THE PRESSURE JUST GETS WEAK,CAUSING WHAT YOU HAVE GOING ON HERE..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT FOR YOU,,GOOD LUCK,,TOM..

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS