Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/Head bolt torqueing

Question
Hi Tom, I am about ready to install the new head gaskets on my 1990 Buick Century Custom with a 3.3.  Can you tell me which bolt to start on and the sequence that follows it?  Also, can you tell me the torque pounds to use on each sequence? If you can send a diagram or picture or website that give this information, I will be sincerely grateful. I want to do it right the first time. Again, I thank you for your time and information.  Stephen

Answer
HI STEPHEN,APPLY THREAD SEALER TO THE HEAD BOLT THREADS..GET THIS AT A PART STORE..STEP ONE TORQUE ALL THE BOLTS TO 35 FT LBS. STEP 2 TIGHTEN ALL BOLTS AN ADDITIONAL 130 DEGREES. STEP 3 TIGHTEN THE 4 CENTER BOLTS IN SEQUENCE AN ADDITIONAL 30 DEGREES...
ALWAYS START IN THE CENTER OF THE HEAD AND WORK OUT IN EQUEAL SIDES FROM LEFT TO RIGHT IN SEQUENCE TILL YOU GET TO THE END BOLTS...TO GET A PIX OF THIS YOU COULD GOOGLE IT..
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.. I AM NOT ABLE TO SEND ANY PIXS FROM MY COMPUTER. GOOD LUCK TOM...
6137 TOP SIDE OF HEAD
8425 LOWER SIDE OF HEAD. THIS IS THE SEQUENCE....12345678 START WITH ONE AND THEN 2 AND SO ON

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS