Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/1985 buickj riviera

Question
Hello Tom. I did replace the heater control valve because the old one was stuck and would not open or close.  We now have lots of heat!!!  But---we need the actuator or solenoid that screws on to the top of the valve.  Know where we can find one?  and do you know what it is called?  Been calling lots of parts stores and searching online, but there doesn't seem like anyone has this item.

Answer
HI RONALD, WE CALLED THEM HEATER CONTROL VALVE ACTUATORS,IF THEY WERE CONTROLLED BY VACUUM.. SOLENOIDS IF THEY WERE CONTROLLED BY ELECTRIC...GOOD QUESTION IS TO WHERE TO FIND ONE OF THESE BABIES, BECAUSE OF THE YEAR...DO YOU HAVE A GM STORE AROUND YOU ?? IF SO GET WITH THEM IN PARTS AND SEE IF THEY CAN LOOK BACK TROUGH THERE OLD PARTS BOOK..YOU MAYBE SURPRISED WHAT THEY CAN COME UP WITH. JUST THOUGHT OF THIS PLACE THE,,,I WOULD SUGGEST CARS INC.908-369-3666 OUT OF NJ..THIS PLACE HAS TONS AND TONS OF BUICK PARTS FROM 1936 TO 1987..WE CALL THEM AT OUR SHOP IF A OLDER BUICK SHOWS UP...I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF THEY DO NOT HAVE THIS...LET ME KNOW HOW THIS GOES AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM....

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS