Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/k frames

Question
Hello,
My father is trying to track down what he needs to do to replace the k frame in his 96 Oldsmobile ciera with one from a 87 cutlass ciera. He was told its possible but he needs the brace from one to the other. doesn't know what brace they were talking about and what needs to be done to get this to work. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
HI MICHAEL, I WILL ASSUME YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE FRONT ENGINE CRADLE ??? NOT K FRAME. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT BRACE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT EITHER. JOIN THE CLUB...IS THERE A REASON WHY HE CAN NOT GET THE SAME YEAR OR CLOSE TO THE SAME YEAR CRADLE YOU ARE TALKING  ABOUT. THERE IS  ALMOST A 10 YEAR DIFFERENCE..I AM SURE MANY THINGS HAVE CHANGED,SUCH AS MOUNTING HOLES, ENGINE MOUNTS, BRACES, SWAY BAR MOUNTING HOLES ETC...TELL YOUR DAD TO TRY AND GET THE SAME OR CLOSE TO THE YEAR CRADLE..I SEE YOU ARE FROM NY. SO THIS HAS PROBABLY ROTTED OUT..I DEAL WITH THIS ALL THE TIME.. CALL TRIPLET, THEY ARE A SALVAGE YARD THAT WILL CK ALL OVER THE COUNTRY TO LOCATE YOU A USED CRADLE. THEY WILL SEND IT TO YOU IF YOU WISH OR TO YOUR SHOP. IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT FOR SURE WHAT YEAR WILL INTERCHANGE CALL YOUR LOCAL JUNK YARD [BONE YARD.] THEY WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU WHAT YEAR WILL INTERCHANGE. THEY HAVE THIS INFO ON THERE COMPUTER SYSTEM..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND IF NOT,, GET BACK TO ME..GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS