Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/plug gap

Question
Hello Tom,
I was doing some tune up and getting my Aunt's car ready for winter. 2001 Dodge Neon 2.0L. I usually use Champion(gapped .035) for spark plugs, but mistakenly got AC Delcos(gapped .040). I installed them and wondered if it makes a big difference with the gap?

A side note, my 1999 Buick Park ave is really being a sucker. Changed the fuel filter out, only to realize that the line sprouted a leak in front of the filter. I cut out that portion, then spliced in new line and end to filter. Then after installing the new filter, it was leaking from the quick disconnect. I noticed that I cut the replacement a tad too long, maybe 2 or 3 inches too long and it pushes on the quick disconnect a bit. I'm not sure that should matter much. It's not like it is pushing it much at all, just a bit. I'm starting to think maybe the quick disconnect is bad, but I just removed this end yesterday to put on the new filter. To say I am frustrated, is an understatement. A simple job turned into a mess. Much like happens alot I guess. Any pointers. Thank you.

Answer
HI MIKE, THE GAP ON THE SPARK PLUGS IN THE NEON IS NOT MUCH TO WORRY ABOUT. ANY MORE THEN WHAT THE GAP IS .040 I WOULD WORRY, BECAUSE IN COLD WEATHER THIS MAY GIVE YOU TROUBLE STARTING..
AS FAR AS YOUR PROBLEM GOES I DO NOT FEEL THAT THE LINE BEING LONGER THAN NEEDED IS CAUSING YOUR PROBLEM...I WOULD REMOVE THE QUICK DISCONNECT LINE AND LOOK INSIDE AT THE SEALS..ONE OF THEM MAYBE SPLIT JUST FROM YOU MOVING IT...THERE SHOULD BE 2 SEALS..YOU SHOULD BEABLE TO GET ONE OF THESE SEALS AT YOUR LOCAL PARTS STORE.YOU CAN ALSO BUY A NEW SECTION OF THIS QUICK DISCONNECT NYLON LINE IF NEED BE AS WELL...YOU JUST CUT OFF HE SECTION THAT YOU DO NOT NEED AND INSTALL THE NEW SECTION ON YOUR FILTER AND THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LINE WILL HAVE A BARBED TUBING THAT SLIDES IN THE PART THAT YOU CUT OFF AND CLAMP THIS TOGETHER. PIECE OF CAKE..THEY WILL ALSO HAVE THIS AT YOUR PART STORE...CARS ARE FUN ??? ONLY KIDDING... HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,,TOM.

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS