Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/06' Chevy Malibu 3500 V6

Question
When my car is started and in park the starter stays engage. But when I switch it into reverse it stops.  What do you think is wrong? I was wondering if it could be the neutral safety switch.

Answer
HI BEN,,YES IT SOUNDS LIKE IT IS THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH  MAYBE FAULTY...TRY STARTING THIS IN NEUTRAL AND SEE IF THIS STOPS THE PROBLEM. IF IT DOES MORE THEN LIKELY THE SWITCH WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED.I HAVE TOLD MANY PEOPLE TO DO THIS AND IT WORKED FOR THEM, AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT REPLACED THE SWITCH !!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM..

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS