Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/1995 olds. silhouette start up problem

Question
Thank you for your time. My 95 olds silhouette has been stalling immediately upon starting. The engine turns over entirely, and seems to start, all gauges go up but then dies immediately. Occasionally it will start, mostly after resting it seems, or maybe just by chance. Either way, when it starts,  seems to idle just fun but then my battery meter bounces up and down as if it is going to stall. Sometimes it stays running long enough to get me home but won't start again. I replaced alternator two months ago as well as the battery. Still could be both I suppose, however the battery has a charge. I have thought about my EGR valve. Maybe its broken or dirty and wont shut. I banged on it some to see if loosens up but didn't have any luck. I got it to start today and I unplugged my EGR valve and it ran fine while I drove it home, but wont start now. If this valve is stuck open how will i
I know? I want to think it is some sort of vacuum leak because I applied gas pressure and that seemed to be what got it started. Not sure though. The fuel pump is also two years old and I hear it running when my key is turned over. I have been told it could be this valve, or the MAF even possibly the ignition switch...as far as the battery goes though, and im not sure it is relevant but my original battery died and so I replaced it. Five months later I left my dome lights on for 3 days, and drained my battery. Took three hours to charge but two months later it was dead entirely. Did not leave any lights on. it was just dead. Junk. Had to be replaced. That was october2013, and I replaced it with my current battery. Since then my alternator has been replaced. Like I said, the battery holds a charge. What are your thoughts?

Answer
HI HACHIKO,,OK IF YOU EGR VALVE IS STUCK OPEN THE ENGINE WILL NOT IDLE..I WILL STALL AS SOON AS IT TRIES TO IDLE. BUT IT WILL START WITH A BAD EGR VALVE...THE FACT THAT WHEN YOU TURN THE IGN TO CRANK AND THE ENGINE CRANKS OVER WE KNOW THE BATTERY IS OK..IF THE ENGINE DID NOT CRANK THEN YOU MAY HAVE A BAD BATTERY OR STARTER..SO THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM..WHEN YOU SAY IT WILL NOT START AGAIN DO YOU MEAN IT WILL NOT CRANK OVER ??? OR DO YOU MEAN IT WILL CRANK OVER BUT NOT START UP AND RUN..IT JUST CRANKS ? YOU LEFT THIS QUESTION UP IN THE AIR...IF THIS HAD A VACUUM LEAK THIS WOULD NOT CAUSE A NO START..MAY CAUSE A HIGH IDLE BOT IT WILL STILL START. A BAD MAF SENSOR WOULD MAKE THE ENGINE DO SOME STRANGE THINGS,IDLE UP AND DOWN,STALL,SOMETIMES NO PICK UP ETC..I DO NOT KNOW IF I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION TO YOUR LIKING,,BUT FEEL FREE TO NARROW THIS DOWN FOR ME AND I WILL DO THE SAME..GOOD LUCK YOU,,,TOM..

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS