Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/94 olds cutlass stationwagon electric window failure

Question
HI, All 4 electric windows not operating. Replaced circuit breaker (which controls windows and power rear tailgate). Tailgate operates, but windows do not. I replaced the drivers window motor awhile back.I heard each motor has a breaker itself. Can't believe all motors failed at once?! Is there another module somewhere else. Any help is appreciated.

Answer
HI DAVE,,WELL BEFORE WE RIP THE DOOR PANELS OFF TO CK FOR POWER AT THE MOTOR..2 THINGS COME TO MIND..CAN YOU GET AT THE MAIN SWITCH ON THE DRIVERS DOOR ?? OF COURSE YOU CAN..CK FOR POWER ON ANY OF THE BIG RED WIRES GOING TO IT WITH THE KEY ON. I SUSPECT EITHER POWER WILL BE GONE OR THERE IS A OPEN IN THE GROUND WIRE..IF SO,, OPEN THE DRIVERS DOOR ALL THE WAY AND CK THE WIRING GOING FROM THE MAIN BODY PILLAR OF CAR AND THE DOOR ITSELF..THERE WILL BE A BIG BLACK RUBBER GROMMET THAT HOUSES THE WIRING HARNESS TO THE DOOR..BEING THE AGE OF THIS CAR I BET THERE ARE WIRES BROKEN IN THE HARNESS,FROM OPENING AND CLOSING THE DOORS AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. [A BREAK IN THE MAIN HARNESS WILL STOP ALL THE WINDOWS FROM WORKING]. SOME TECHS CUT THE GROMMET WITH A RAZOR AND CK THE WIRES THIS WAY. REPAIR AS NECESSARY....THE CORRECT WAY IS TO UNPLUG THE HARNESS FROM UNDER THE DASH AND THE DOOR ASSEMBLY AND PULL IT OUT LIKE THIS TO CK THE WIRING...THIS IS YOUR CHOICE..I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT SOME,, AND LET ME KNOW...GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM...

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS