Oldsmobile/Buick Repair/How to program a new ignition switch

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
We changed the ignition switch of my 2002 Buick century-custom
because the car didn't start. WE replaced it with a AC Delco
D1492c new one.How can we program this new ignition switch?

ANSWER: HI EDGAR,,FOR THE 2002 CARS TRY THIS..TURN THE KEY ON, LEAVE IT ON UNTILL THE SECURITY LIGHT STOPS FLASHING OR GOES OUT.[ONE OR THE OTHER.].NOW TURN THE KEY [OFF]TURN IT ON AND SEE IF IT WILL START..IT SHOULD.THIS COULD TAKE UP TO 30 MINUTES..ALSO MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED BEFORE DOING THIS..LET ME KNOW HOW THIS WORKS OUT FOR YOU,,,TOM...

QUESTION: Hi Tom,

The keys of this AC Delco ignition switch came without the chip on it.
We programmed it and finally the car start.But the security light stayed
on all the time(not flashing).It doesn't turn off.Is there a way to turn
it off? The keys off the old ignition switch had the chip.

Thanks,

Edgar

Answer
HI EDGAR,,THAT IS BECAUSE THE THEFT SYSTEM IS NOT READING THIS KEY..VERY SOON THIS CAR WILL NOT START FOR YOU AGAIN...I GUESS MY NEXT QUESTION IS WHY DIDN'T YOU GET THE CORRECT KEY AND ING LOCK CYLINDER FOR THIS YEAR CAR ??? I WOULD SUGGEST GETTING THE CORRECT IGN LOCK CYLINDER WITH CORRECT KEY...UNLESS I AM MISSING SOMETHING ??? LET ME KNOW. GOOD LUCK TO YOU,,,TOM

Oldsmobile/Buick Repair

TOM SHEETS