Olympics/Olympics Expert

I know this is a little bit of a random email, but I'm the casting producer for a new game show looking for experts on the Olympics, who live in California. We're not looking for general fans, but rather someone who knows everything there is to know about the Olympics. In doing my research, I found your name popping up as an expert and was wondering if you or anyone you know might have any interest in putting your knowledge to the test? If you are and happen to be located in CA, I would love to talk to you about the show and hear more about your knowledge pertaining to the Olympics.

Thank you so much! I hope this is an offer you can't refuse!

Please email me back at

Hello, Sara
My specialty area is Olympic weightlifting. I've coached an Olympian and participated in the production of two Olympic Games.  You might say I have some expertise.  I am always interested in new challenges so would love to talk further with you.  You can e-mail me at  
Looking forward to your response.

Bob Takano

I can answer questions about training weightlifters for national and international competition.

I am a member of the USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame. I coached Olympian Albert Hood to two American records in the '84 Games. I've coached 17 international teams for the United States. I managed the training hall at the '84 Games, and was the assistant announcer at the '96 Games. Member, Editorial Board of the NSCA Journal

USA Weightlifting, National Strength and Conditioning Association

Strength and Power in Sport--published by the Sports Medicine Commission of the IOC

I have a B.A. in biology, a secondary teaching credential, and am certified as a strength and conditioning specialist with the NSCA. I am a Senior International Coach with US weightlifting.

Member, USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame.

UCLA Extension