Olympics/Sports personalities excelling in more than one sport

Dear Bob

Are there sport personalities who have excelled in more than one sport?.

There could be combinations of one outdoor and one indoor game, both outdoor Games, both indoor Games.

Certainly there have been.  since this website's category is the Olympic Games, I am assuming that you are referring to Olympic sports.  The most noteworthy who comes to mind is Willie Gault who ran on the USA's gold medal winning men's 4 x 100 m track relay team in 1984 and then was a member of the U.S. men's bobsled team in the winter Games.  I believe there are some who have doubled in speed skating and cycling as well.  I believe that Herman Brix might have doubled in the shot put and weightlifting in the 1932 Games.  

Bob Takano

I can answer questions about training weightlifters for national and international competition.

I am a member of the USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame. I coached Olympian Albert Hood to two American records in the '84 Games. I've coached 17 international teams for the United States. I managed the training hall at the '84 Games, and was the assistant announcer at the '96 Games. Member, Editorial Board of the NSCA Journal

USA Weightlifting, National Strength and Conditioning Association

Strength and Power in Sport--published by the Sports Medicine Commission of the IOC

I have a B.A. in biology, a secondary teaching credential, and am certified as a strength and conditioning specialist with the NSCA. I am a Senior International Coach with US weightlifting.

Member, USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame.

UCLA Extension