Olympics/Sports personalities excelling in more than one sport

Question
Dear Bob

Are there sport personalities who have excelled in more than one sport?.

There could be combinations of one outdoor and one indoor game, both outdoor Games, both indoor Games.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Certainly there have been.  since this website's category is the Olympic Games, I am assuming that you are referring to Olympic sports.  The most noteworthy who comes to mind is Willie Gault who ran on the USA's gold medal winning men's 4 x 100 m track relay team in 1984 and then was a member of the U.S. men's bobsled team in the winter Games.  I believe there are some who have doubled in speed skating and cycling as well.  I believe that Herman Brix might have doubled in the shot put and weightlifting in the 1932 Games.  

Olympics

Bob Takano