Olympics/Formula racing car event in Olympics

Dear Bob

Is formula racing car game event included in Olympics?

If no,do you feel this sport should be included?

No.  There is always the danger of the Games becoming too big and too costly to the point where they are not possible to be held.  Formula racing is expensive and would require facilities for practice and competition that would not be useable after the Games.  Furthermore, as far as I know, the majority of drivers are men and I don't believe that the governing body requires drug testing--two factors that are under consideration for new sports.  

Bob Takano

I can answer questions about training weightlifters for national and international competition.

I am a member of the USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame. I coached Olympian Albert Hood to two American records in the '84 Games. I've coached 17 international teams for the United States. I managed the training hall at the '84 Games, and was the assistant announcer at the '96 Games. Member, Editorial Board of the NSCA Journal

USA Weightlifting, National Strength and Conditioning Association

Strength and Power in Sport--published by the Sports Medicine Commission of the IOC

I have a B.A. in biology, a secondary teaching credential, and am certified as a strength and conditioning specialist with the NSCA. I am a Senior International Coach with US weightlifting.

Member, USA Weightlifting Hall of Fame.

UCLA Extension