You are here:

Oncology (General Cancer)/re:inhaling burnt rubber and teflon fumes by 2 years old child

Advertisement


john wrote at 2013-03-26 02:18:31
When something stays in the body permanently then cancer develops. Like with asbestos. You probably have nothing to worry about. The toxins will probably be all gone in a few months. Just be careful next time and drink a lot of water and get a lot of fiber intake. Don't smoke and drink alcohol.  


Oncology (General Cancer)

All Answers


Answers by Expert:


Ask Experts

Volunteer


Donald Higby, M.D.

Expertise

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

Experience

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

Organizations
American Society of Clinical Oncology

Publications
New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

Education/Credentials
MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

Awards and Honors
America's Best Physicians, last 14 years

©2016 About.com. All rights reserved.