Oncology (General Cancer)/abn blood work

My blood work is consistently abn but they tell me nothing to worry about.  My immature granulocytes have been mildly abn 0.05 and up this last time went up to 0.42 and my MCHC(L)31 RDW SD(H)at 53 RDW CV(H)  MCV 93 and MCH 29.  Always fatigued  oh and even though I have been on 50,000 of VitD for 1 yr my level is 13. Should I be worried

You seem to have mild abnormalities in your blood work; your vitamin D level is puzzling, especially after you have been taking it for a while.  Low vitamin D has been associated with a lot of problems, although cause and effect is not always clear.  Have you had your thyroid checked?  What about your ionized calcium?  Kidney function, liver enzymes, hemoglobin level, and platlelet count might be helpful in figuring out what is going on.  Also, are you overweight?  Do you snore?  Do you get regular exercise?  There are many causes of fatigue that can be corrected.  There is a disorder called "myelodysplasia" which could be at the bottom of your blood issues, but I wouldn't expect it to be related to the Vitamin D.  All in all, if you have abnormalities, and you are constantly fatigued, you might want to get another doctor's opinion if the doctor you are seeing is not addressing your issues.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.

I can answer almost all questions related to the treatment and natural course of most kinds of cancer, especially cancers of prostate, colon, lung and breast.

I have been a practicing medical oncologist for 36 years, and have been chief of service at a major medical center for 25 years. I've also done research in cancer treatments.

American Society of Clinical Oncology

New England Journal of Medicine American Journal of Medicine Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Hematology Transfusion Medicine

MD, Stanford University Internal Medicine residency, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO Medical Oncology Fellowship, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY

America's Best Physicians, last 14 years