Oncology (General Cancer)/recurrence of cyst in breast

My mom underwent mammogram tests in 2006, 2009 and 2010. Every time it had turned out to be cyst in breast. She doesn't feel any pain.

I am little concerned due to recurrence of this cyst in all 3 reports. Is she has more chance to have breast cancer? Is she in the mandatory category of getting her breast tested, every year?

Please respond to all my queries, in detail, as am very much worried.

FYI - She has hypothyroidism and had vaginal hysterectomy performed 1.5 year ago. She in average risk category of cholestrol and slightly diabetic.

Every woman above a certain age level should undergo mammography check ups regularly every year. Pain or no pain is not significant here. Cysts are not dangerous in themselves. There is no reason to remove obvious cysts. Also there is no reason to believe that an existing cyst would disappear on its own. So I do not find these findings alarming or remarkable in any way. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy