Oncology (General Cancer)/Cancer symptoms.

Question
Uzair
Uzair  
QUESTION: Dear Claes,

Good Day to you. I hereby attached the medical reports of my neighbor's kid for your kind perusal. Doctor's said that it is incurable in Pakistan. I would like to have your kind expertise, advises on this and pre-cautions to be made in this as well. I shall be grateful to you if you could please send me your e-mail address so I can send you his complete medical report. Your kind co-operation in this regard is required.

Regards

JB

ANSWER: To be able to answer your question I do need much more information on this case. You can in fact copy it here - though you may have to ask several questions to do so over a number of days. You can also reach me at the pay site below. You can copy the material there too.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Biopsy
Biopsy  

Molecular Cytogenetics
Molecular Cytogenetics  
QUESTION: Dear Claes,

Thanks for your reply. Please find attached more reports for your kind perusal. Need your kind advise on this please.

Regards

JB

Answer
First of all, apart from radiation therapy in brain tumour cases I have never treated pediatric oncology or hematology cases. I have avoided children patients since it is emotianally disturbing. Based on the pathology reports I have to agree with the diagnosis. The only treatment I can recommend based on general knowledge in this field is chemotherapy. Total bone marrow ablation (chemotherapy, radiation therapy) may prove to be necessary followed by a bone marrow (stem cells) transplantation. To what extent this can be done in Pakistan I do not know. In Singapore or Britain it should be quite possible. Good luck!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.