Oncology (General Cancer)/Metastatic tumor, unknown primary

Hello. My 73-year-old grandfather was in great health until he got sick (vomiting, headaches, weight loss) 3 months ago. He was a heavy smoker but quit 15 years ago. He was diagnosed as having a metastatic tumor in the cerebellum, which was removed 1 month ago. A biopsy revealed that it was an adenocarcinoma (no other details). Scans have not revealed a primary tumor, although there were 'a few spots on the lung'. At the moment, he seems in very good health. I am very grateful for the care he has received from our state's main public hospital, but in the last few months the doctors have several times been unsure/wrong about/corrected their initial diagnoses. How can we best make sure that he receives an accurate diagnosis, and get the best information about treatments? Thank you very much for any advice.

I may sound non scientific but i think the first thing needed is the optimism and enthusiasm to live in your grandfather. if that is there, then things can become easy and treatment will give good results. regarding diagnosis, you can visit a medical school hospital as there the diagnosis is made in a better way.

Oncology (General Cancer)

Dr M Khalid Munir

I can answer questions about the correct guideline for treatment of cancers to achieve best results. I can analyze signs and symptoms to identify cancer. I can tell about many good treatment methods recognized by American Cancer Society and NIH which have been developed recently through credible cancer research.

I have been working as a Immuno Oncologist since the last five years. I have experience of treating cancer patients through a variety of methods. My patients have been treated with radiation therapy, chemotherapy and surgery. I am also trained in Antiangiogenic therapy, Immunomodulator therapy and Immunotherapy of cancer which is a FDA recognized treatment method and also a known effective modern therapy as per the guidelines of the American Cancer Society ( Immunotherapy works by enhancing the body's own defence mechanism hundreds of times. It is used to treat Hepattis and AIDS too.

2. Consultant Immuno Oncologist, Wockhardt Hospital, Hyderabad, India. An associate of Harvard medical international. 3. Ex Care management consultant, Royal Hobart Hospital, Australia. 4. Ex Care management consultant, KGH, Canada. 5. Associate, IAMMS, Aligarh, India (A UNESCO listed organisation).

Medical Doctor with MBBS and Fellowship in Immuno oncology. 2. Fellowship in Dendritic cell therapy from ICT, Noida, New Delhi NCR 3. Member of American Geriatrics Society 4. Having specialised Training in a. Dendritic cell therapy and Chemotherapy b. Hematology c. AIDS prevention d. Geriatric medicine