Oncology (General Cancer)/Invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Question
Good Evening,
One year ago I had a suspicious sore on my lower left leg. The biopsy taken was negative for skin cancer. About six months later the spot reappeared, as well as other sores on my lower legs. New biopsies were taken and now three areas show invasive squamous cell carcinoma.
My dermatologist is very busy and I must wait two months for Moh's surgery. I love my doctor, but do you think two months is too long to wait considering that I have had this condition for over one year?
Thank you for you help.

Answer
probably not == these are very slow-growing cancers.  You might consider a second opinion, but it sounds like your doctor is on track.  However, I'd be concerned about multiple squamous cancers on your legs.  This might indicate that you have a predisposition.  Some people who spend a lot of time in the sun get "actinic keratoses" which can turn into squamous cancers.  There are some treatments that can reduce the risk of them turning into cancer.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.