Oncology (General Cancer)/New mole on sole of foot

Hi.I'm 26 old,caucasian female.I just noticed yesterday a dark tiny spot on the sole of my foot.It looks like freckle but dark.It's new.I'm really afraid it might be melanoma.I have an appointment in a week with a dermatologist  but I can't wait.Almost two months ago or less I remember treading on a small pebble and hurt my foot a lot and a deep small blood blister showed just like a small mole.I don't think  it is from that  'cause it been 2 months now.I would appreciate any advice.Thank you.

Thank you! Unfortunately it is impossible to be certain either way based just upon your pictures. It is quite possible that the dermatologist can not be sure either without a biopsy. So I do suggest that the whole lesion should be removed in that case and sent to a pathologist for examination to be sure what it is. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH
There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!

Oncology (General Cancer)

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Questions concerning Cancer, Oncology, radiation Therapy, Tumours, Chemotherapy, Cytotoxic Drugs, Hormonal Therapy, Radiation Protection.

I'm a Doctor of Medicine and specialist in Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy educated & trained in Sweden. Now retired. Background in Radiation Therapy, Medical Oncology, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, Gynecological Oncology, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Cytology,Hematology and Internal Medicine. M.D. from the faculty of medicine, Royal Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden. Have also been an exchange student at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem Israel. Former medical consultant, Swedish National Board of Radiation Protection. Former Police Surgeon and Medical Examiner, Stockholm Police Department. Former Chief Medical Officer, The Royal Guards, The Royal Horse Guards and the Royal Household Brigade, Royal Swedish Army Medical Corps. You can also reach me on: http://www.lifestylerescue.com/expert/health-fitness-advice/dr-claes-gustaf/128 I have no restrictions in the number of questions there. I also answer questions in these other categories: General History, Military History, Brain Tumors, Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer

I'm a medical doctor and specialist in medical oncology and radiation therapy