Oncology (General Cancer)/Sneezing!

Question
Here comes a weird question, so I'm really unsure you or anyone can answer this actually. :) Anyway, I can't seem to sneeze properly anymore, five times now (in about a weeks time) I get the urge to sneeze but halfway it just disappear! I get the AHHH, but no CHOOO if you know what I mean. Frustrating! If I provoke my nostril (tickle with a piece of paper for example) I sneeze but not when it comes natural. This can't be anything serious right? I'm just wondering since it's a natural reflex to sneeze so it seems weird it just vanish. Can't find anything on the Internet about this but being a bit of a hypochondriac I just want to rule out cancer... I'm in perfect health otherwise, male 32 years old. I do have pollen allergy.

Answer
An aborted sneeze is not uncommon and generally it happens when a person is not getting enough sleep or drinking too much alcohol.  It can also be a problem if you are a smoker, and the lining of the sinuses has been desensitized.  In other words, anything that decreases the sensitivity of the sensory nerves can impair a sneeze.  I don't know of any cancer issues associated with this.  Hope this helps.  

Oncology (General Cancer)

Donald Higby, M.D.